Guess Who's Back/Back Again/'Cember's Back/Em-i-nem

I'm back.

But I think the title is a bit misleading, because unlike Eminem, I'm not able to inspire verses that are able to be conjured up and sung along with the slightest hint of recognition. But that gives me something to shoot for.


You can do anything you set your mind to



I didn't like being away, though and it all started with a slight variance in my routine. I set aside a certain time and place each week to compose my writing for all of you, and when that was disrupted, it felt like my entire world went haywire. Then the monsters of the real world came into play and my beloved blog sat unwritten, although it was what I was thinking about all the time. My sad, neglected art.



Write meeeeeeee


And I'm willing to bet that a lot of you have had situations like that too, But the thing is, not writing was dragging me down. I had to do this, and it's been bothering me the entire time I've been away.

Lots of topics came up, but the one that stuck with me the most was "Keep At It."

Not like the Stranger Things kids chasing a maniacal clown into a sewer.


Dude, your brother can make you another one



I mean, keep pursuing your goals, even if there was a variation in your routine. If there was a scheduling conflict with something, rewrite your day to accommodate your goal. This is the most important thing on the planet and it's gotta happen. I'm still supporting your goal, so you have no excuse now! I mean, I woke up extra early to tell you that! Have you checked the time? My messages to you are usually on Sunday afternoons. It's a very early Friday morning. This is how much I wanted to write this.

You have to make time for your goals. There's a saying that always stuck with me: "Give yourself what is right, not what is left." That resonated so much within me that I try to apply it to my writing whenever I can. I choose to write when I could be relaxing and binge watching Netflix (I'm missing out on a loooooot of shows because of this). I choose to write when I could sleep. And maybe I'm off my rocker, but if I am, then I'm not sure why it feels like I'm on the right track.

And now that I'm doing writing, it feels amazing, Like it's supposed to.


P.S.
In my last post, it was mentioned that I didn't make a wrestling connection to my former life and that made some of you sad. So I'll do it here.

Albert Einstein once said something about not necessarily being the smartest, he just stayed with the problem the longest. That's what I did with wrestling, and that's what I'll do with writing. I stayed in the ring and pursued my goals, not happy until they were satisfied. I sometimes went to three practices a week, partly because I wanted to be the best and partly because I loved it so much that I wanted to do anything I could to stay in the environment for as long as possible.

I would spend hours there at the school, and even more hours promoting what I did to family, friends, strangers, etc. just hoping that they'd come see the show, and then even more hours in my head figuring out what I wanted to do next and what it would be like when I got there.

I dedicated myself to the craft and I like to think that it showed. I had the best time in the ring and doing what I loved for the fans who loved it too. And I want to do that here. I know if I'm capable of getting somewhere in wrestling, I can make it within the pages, too.



Photo by Steve Powell



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sorceress of Sonnets Stops By: An Interview with Kristin Garth

A Review of Vanessa Maki's "the chosen one"

Writing, and Editing, and Pin-making, oh-my! An Interview with Kari Castor