A Very Bad Beginning

Greetings and Welcome Readers Of All,

You've found me.






I'm delighted you have, because as those of you who are familiar with my professional wrestling days know, I love having an audience to amuse. Except this time I'm going to be entertaining you with a pen and paper (or a quill and parchment, if you will).

Writing will give me a grander stage, and access to a larger fan base. I still feel that my
purpose is to entertain, so I'll be doing that. I have, in no way, forgotten any of my fans that I already have. I am very lucky to have you and if you made it here, a special greeting to you for being a faithful follower. I appreciate your loyalty. I have the best fans in the world. It is a small army, but one I still put stock in.

Newcomers, I used to be a professional wrestler but now I'm using my hands for writing instead of combat. I hope my words will be able to take you away from your hardships in life and give you a place to comfortably go to for a few moments in your hectic day. I don't like the world as it is, so I make it as I choose it to be through my writings. I live in a fantasy world and I'm inviting you to join me.






It'll pretty much be like an Edward Gorey candy house with some fairy tales in the attic and decay in the basement.





For those of you who wanted to see me in the wrestling ring, I'm not sealing that forever, but it's in the pages that I write that you'll have a better access to me. I promise you though, they will not disappoint.

I'm in the process of finishing my first novel and I have a handful of poems that are already available (at no cost to you) for immediate reading. Readers, I really want to write and I have my whole life. Even more than I wanted to hold a championship belt, I want to see my name on books, so this is the next step.

I cannot remain in the locked up forever, even though I can stay in the shadows until some polished works are ready for print. But I will come out and play every now and then. I can still be the life of the party when I choose to be.

Oh, yes...A Very Bad Beginning. For those of you paying attention, I'm sure you've noticed that's the title of the first book in Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events. I love that book, and I'm sure many of you do as well. It's also the very popular show on Netflix that causes me to cancel all plans and pause some writing. I'm bringing this up because both writing and wrestling got off to a bad beginning for me. The struggle is real, but all of you remind me of what a joy it is to be creating and how great it is to see your creations in return. I need to keep my part of the cogs moving, and this is it.

I remain hopeful.

I'm very excited about the launch of my blog. I know I'm going to meet new readers and writers and maybe even some new wrestling fans that knew me back when I garnered some interest. I have something to look forward to these days, and that's something to celebrate.

Join me. I'm really glad you're here.

-December

To see some poems, check out:https://theprose.com/DecemberLace



Photos by Rob Myers
In-ring photo by Steve Powell


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Sorceress of Sonnets Stops By: An Interview with Kristin Garth

A Review of Vanessa Maki's "the chosen one"

Writing, and Editing, and Pin-making, oh-my! An Interview with Kari Castor